Robert J. Killeen, Jr. was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1962. He attended Tulane University in New Orleans where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in History in 1984, and a Juris Doctor in 1987. Mr. Killeen was admitted to the Louisiana Bar in 1987, and the Texas Bar in 1990. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas, and United States District Courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Louisiana.
Mr. Killeen primarily focuses his practice on litigation, having handled matters in 20 states. He has had extensive experience in the maritime field, representing vessel owners and underwriters on vessel collisions, cargo losses, personal injury defense, charter disputes and insurance matters. In addition, Mr. Killeen also has significant experience in handling general liability, corporate matters, general subrogation, state and federal workers' compensation, trucking, energy, products liability, property and casualty, construction, commercial contractual litigation, and coverage disputes, toxic tort defense and nursing home litigation.
Mr. Killeen has a Martindale Hubbell rating of AV, the highest rating for legal ability and professional and ethical standards. Mr. Killeen also has a Martindale-Hubbell AV lawyer's peer review rating. He is active in the legal community and is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Louisiana State Bar Association, American Bar Association, Bar Association of the Fifth Circuit, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Maritime Law Association of the United States, Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute, Defense Research Institute, New Orleans Mariner's Club and Houston Mariner's Club. Mr. Killeen was selected by H Texas magazine as one of Houston's Best Lawyers for over 15 years. He is also listed by Martindale-Hubbell as a preeminent lawyer for 2020. Mr. Killeen was awarded AM Best's Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys and Adjusters 2020.
Mr. Killeen has spoken at several seminars as well as conducted continuing legal education seminars for insurance companies. He is the author of "Fear and Loathing in the P&I World: A Simple Primer to a Complex Universe;" "Ethical Dilemmas Facing Insurance Adjusters: From an Attorney's Point of View" "Texas Construction;" "Reservation of Rights", and "Welding Rod Litigation and Manganese Exposure."
- Complex Commercial Disputes
- Energy Law
- Insurance Law
- Bachelor of Arts in History at Tulane University in New Orleans in 1984.
- Juris Doctorate at Tulane University in New Orleans in 1987.
- Louisiana Bar in 1987.
- Texas Bar in 1990.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Northern, Western Districts of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Louisiana
- United States Federal Court of Claims
- Named by H Texas magazine as one of Houston’s Best Lawyers for over 15 years
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell 2020.
- AM Best’s Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys and Adjusters 2020.
- Texas Appellate Lawyer of the Month 2020
- Texas Appellate Lawyer of the Month 2017
- Fear and Loathing in the P&I World: A Simple Primer to a Complex Universe
- Ethical Dilemmas Facing Insurance Adjusters: From an Attorney’s Point of View
- Texas Construction: Reservation of Rights
- Welding Rod and Manganese Litigation
- Martin Risk Management
- Deepwater v Transocean
- Litigation Management Program
- Texas Construction Seminar
- Continuing Legal Education for the Insurance Industry