Robert C. Stern is the managing director in the New Orleans office. Mr. Stern was born in New York City in 1953. He attended Fairleigh Dickinson University (B.A. Cum Laude 1975) and obtained his law degree from Loyola University in New Orleans (J.D. 1978). While at Loyola Mr. Stern was a member of the Mock Trial Team and participated extensively in the clinical education program where he was assigned to the Orleans Parish District Attorney's Office.
Mr. Stern is admitted to practice in all Louisiana and Texas state courts, The United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. He has an "AV" rating with Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating. Mr. Stern served as a special prosecutor in the St. Tammany Parish District Attorney's Office from 1993 through 1995 where he concentrated his prosecutions on sexual offenses against children.
Mr. Stern divides his practice between civil and criminal defense. On the civil side he concentrates his practice on maritime and general casualty defense with emphasis on Risk Management as well. He has been a speaker on Risk Management at The CEO Forum West in Las Vegas, The CEO Forum East in New Orleans, the Allied Agents Association in Chicago and The Bekins Convention in Tucson. He also sits on the Advisory Board of a moving company agency.
Mr. Stern has lectured on criminal law speaking at Continuing Legal Education Seminars on Criminal Sentencing in Louisiana and the Criminal Trial in Louisiana from Start to Finish. He has also been selected to speak at a seminar aimed at young lawyers preparing for their first civil trial. Mr. Stern has handled multiple criminal cases receiving extensive media coverage including second degree murder and police corruption cases. During his practice, Mr. Stern has also had the privilege of representing both fellow lawyers and judges.
- Civil Defense
- Criminal Defense
- Maritime & General Casualty
- Bachelor's of Arts at Fairleigh Dickinson University Cum Laude in 1975.
- Juris Doctorate at Loyola University in New Orleans in 1978.
- Louisiana State Bar in 1978.
- Texas State Bar in 2006.
- The United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- The U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Continuing Legal Education Seminars on Criminal Sentencing in Louisiana and the Criminal Trial in Louisiana
- Young Lawyer Preparations on Civil Trials